Steps to Selling your Home in Apex, Cary, Raleigh and the Triangle!
Now is a great time to sell your home! There is currently less than 2 months of inventory in our area and we NEED homes to sell! Below are the steps to selling your home in the shortest time possible and for the most money!
- Why are you selling? Most people sell their home to buy a new one. If you are thinking about buying a new home and you need to sell one first, think about what you are looking for in your next home. Ride around a few neighborhoods and get an idea of what your next home looks like.
- Get Preapproved for the home you plan to buy. If you want to buy a new home and have a home to sell, get prequalified for a mortgage so you know exactly what you can afford. Learn more about buying your next home here!
- Call a Realtor. Realtors can make selling your home easier than trying to sell it on your own. They will handle showing your home so you do not have to be present or worry about trying to make sure a buyer is qualified before they see your home. They have the expertise on how to market your home and cover all the expenses associated with marketing. They also coordinate all aspects from listing, contract to close. They have experience negotiating the best price and terms and can often sell your home for more and make the process easier.
- Repairs before selling- Your Realtor can help you determine which repairs to make to your home before you sell it. Not all repairs are a good return on your investment but needed maintenance and repairs are important. Simple things such as a professional home cleaning or a new coat of paint can greatly decrease the time to sell a home and be a great return on investment.
- Home Staging- Home staging can be one of the most important things you do to help your home sell. Staged homes sell for more money and more quickly than non-staged homes. Home staging can be as simple as removing non-essential furniture to staging a vacant home. Most buyers have little vision and cannot see past a homeowners furniture and possessions. In a vacant home, they cannot envision where their furniture will go or how to utilize a space. Staging can take the guesswork out of it.
- Professional Photography- Buyers start their home search online so you want to present your home in the best way possible. Using a professional photographer will help your home appear more open and bright. Professional photographers will also take 20 or more pictures and the more pictures buyers see, the more interest that will be generated. They also know how to capture wide rooms, awkward spaces and how to best showcase your home.
- Home Pricing- Pricing your home correctly upfront will help you get more for your home than over pricing it and then reducing the price later. Overpriced homes typically end up selling for less than their Fair Market Value. Also, do not choose an agent based on what they think they can sell the home for. Agents may over price the home to try to get the listing.
Call today for a no obligation consultation and let’s discuss how to get your Apex, Cary, Raleigh or Holly Springs Home SOLD!